Mantl 1.0.3 Release
The Mantl 1.0.3 release includes an improved ELK stack experience, more stable and reliable system packaging, and a number of other improvements, bug fixes, and documentation updates.
- Mantl system packages are now installed from yum repositories which helps to improve reliability during the provisioning process.
- ELK Stack: The ELK stack was made available as an addon in the Mantl 1.0 release. Mantl 1.0.3 improves this experience by integrating the Elasticsearch Framework and Kibana UIs directly into Mantl UI. No more security group or firewall tweaks required.
- A sample Kibana dashboard is imported by default when the ELK addon is installed.
- Jupyter notebook example (community contribution — thanks @mcapuccini!)
- iptables addon to secure traffic within the cluster (community contribution — thanks @eirslett!)
- The Elasticsearch Framework and Kibana UIs are behind SSL and Basic Authentication by default.
- Optional iptables role to secure traffic within a Mantl cluster.
Other improvements and bug fixes
- Mantl rename: we replaced all references to “microservices-infrastructure” with “Mantl”. Let us know if we missed any!
- The Docker and Collectd roles are no longer so tightly entangled.
- The sample Ansible provisioning playbook has been renamed from
- We are continuing to work on hardening our multi-cloud integration testing via Travis CI. Automated testing is currently occurring on GCE, AWS, and DigitalOcean. OpenStack is coming soon.
- Mantl API will now run correctly again on clusters with Mesos authentication disabled.
- GCE Terraform modules now work with the most recent releases of Terraform (0.6.11+).
- We’ve made a lot of documentation updates. Please let us know what’s unclear or missing.
- Mantl 1.0.3 requires Centos 7.2 (1511). Please run
- There have been a few additions to the security.yml file. It is important to re-run
./security-setupif you already have a pre-1.0 Mantl security.yml file.
If you encounter any issues, please open a Github Issue against the project. We review issues daily.
We also have a gitter chat room. Drop by and ask any questions you might have. We’d be happy to walk you through your first deployment.
Cisco Intercloud Services provides support for OpenStack based deployments of Mantl.