Mantl 1.2 Release
Mantl 1.2 is primarily about bringing in newer releases of core components like Mesos, Marathon, Vault, and Traefik. In addition, we are excited to introduce Kubernetes integration with Consul — now your Kubernetes services will be registered in Consul. This release also includes a number of enhancements and fixes.
- Mesos 0.28.2 and Marathon 1.1.1.
- Traefik 1.0
- Kubernetes and Consul integration. Kubernetes services are now automatically registered in Consul for service discovery.
- Mantl now has a dedicated RPM repository for each release. This will make upgrades safer.
- Vault 0.5.3 is now installed.
Other improvements and bug fixes
- Mesos log rotation has been improved.
- AWS and GCE providers are more configurable and consistent.
- The ELK addon has been split into individual roles. You can now choose to install each component separately or all at once.
- Calico has been upgraded and has better support for Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Our Vault configuration has been made more secure.
- The Kafka addon is now more easily configured and can create topics at install time.
- Mantl 1.2 includes many more improvements and fixes. Check the changelog for more details.
- In some cases, the etcd service may report a failing health check on one or more nodes. This is an intermittent problem and we are still working to track down the cause. Usually, the failing etcd member will eventually join the cluster and become healthy but please let us know if you are seeing different behavior. #1372
- There have been a few additions to the security.yml file. It is important to re-run ./security-setup if you already have a Mantl security.yml file.
- The Marathon UI was updated in version 1.1.1. It now provides the ability to view stderr/stdout logs for tasks that are running. However, this feature is not working at this time. As a workaround, you can view the logs using the Mesos UI. See issue #1530 for more information.
- Mantl 1.2 requires, at minimum, Centos 7.2 (1511). Please run playbooks/upgrade-packages.yml before installing.
If you encounter any issues, please open a Github Issue against the project. We review issues daily.
We also have a gitter chat room. Drop by and ask any questions you might have. We’d be happy to walk you through your first deployment.
Cisco Intercloud Services provides support for OpenStack based deployments of Mantl.